Much better than the last.
Better response with the guns and Low Quality doesn't take away from it at all.
Few things. Make buttons all over the enemies bodies and track where they are hit. IE: A shot to the leg takes off like 40% hp, while a shot to the face takes off 100%.
Not only that, but have it bleed where it hits, not just a mass of blood on their torso/head every time... thats weird.
More weapons, reload, health.
We criticize you in such detail because we are trying to narrow down the problems with it and want to see this style succeed. :)
Or at least I do.
As always, very innovative. GL
Thanks man, I really appretiate the suggestions and I'm gonna try and work on it. I'm glad you're conserned about the future of the series. later
I love the innovation. If you could refine this and do it perfect and make the game long, it would definitely be a top-notch game, Flash or not. Seriously... good job.
Things to work on:
- Different setting! Your/friend's house isn't the best setting for an FPS. Try doing this on some downtown alleys early in the evening.
- Story! Make the game longer by putting in some comicbook story sequences a la Max Payne. It'd also expand your horizons from just 1 setting to many.
- Better blood effects! The red gradient blood was horrible. Actual sketch out a few different Frame-by-frame animations of blood erupting from a wound and have the wounds appear on the body where you hit them.
- As another review said, when you shot them, it'd wait a second before it played the right animation. I suggest you cut your clips length down to ensure everything runs smoothly.
- Score? Have a health bar instead, maybe a score at the opposite side of the screen.
- Have the game move at a little faster pace. You could do that simply be increasing the frame-rate of the camera x2. That'd make it seem like you were running a little.
Overall: Brilliant idea. I wish it were done perfectly, it would be beautiful and very original.
Beware of game companies ripping you off very soon. :)
Nice, needs a few tweaks though.
Now that you have that engine worked out, you should really begin work on a StarCraft 2. :)
There are a few things I'd fix with it.
1) Make the screen a little larger.
2) More units and the ability to create a customizable character.
3) Better level design...
4) Better inventory system (think Diablo).
5) Fog of war.
6) Most important, pathfinding... I'd get caught on some of the dumbest crap and slow down to a snail crawl. That needs some bugs worked out of it.
All in all, excellent work. I can't believe someone was able to accomplish a real RTS with Flash... Amazing.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.